Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops

No real story this time. We had pork chops, I suggested a balsamic reduction, The Spouse said "Sure!" then cleaned his plate and had seconds. So I think this one was a hit. ;)

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
4 pork loin chops (ours were actually 3 full chops, butterflied, which I cut into 6)
salt (I used my lavendar-infused fleur de sal)
pepper
flour

Mix together the broth, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Set aside

Heat pan over medium heat. Add butter and let melt until it starts to brown. Add in olive oil.

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Dredge through flour and place in pan. Sautee 4 minutes on each side or until mostly cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Deglaze the pan with the balsamic sauce. Using a whisk, loosen the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add the pork chops back in, turning occasionally to coat on all sides. Simmer until the sauce has reduced to about 1/4 cup. Plate the pork chops, drizzle with sauce, and serve.

Wine Pairing: I'd pair my favorite Spanish Grenache with this. Syrah/Shiraz would also be a good choice (as would a grenache/syrah blend).

No comments: