Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back in the kitchen!

After nearly a month of not cooking. God that was awful. I missed it. I blame my husband. He went to India for 2 weeks, making it rather ridiculous for me to cook nice meals just for myself. Then he was back for a week but we were finishing up leftovers because we went on a week-long cruise. So, a month later, here we are.

For Christmas I got two new cookbooks that I'm quite thrilled with. One is The Wine Lover's Cookbook, and it will be featuring quite frequently here. The other is The Lavender Cookbook, which I'm also enjoying cooking from, though one can overdose on lavender pretty quickly.

The thing I love the most about the Wine cookbook is the way it's structured. It's divided by variety, and under each type it gives a brief introduction and then a list of Base and Bridge ingredients that one can work from to create their own fabulous wine pairings. I'm very excited about this book.

No comments: