Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chocolate Zucchini Bread Muffins

Growing up this was one of my favorite recipes of my mom's. A year ago, when we bought our house and had room for a garden, I had a couple huge zucchini that were only good for bread. So I emailed mom for the recipe. In her response, she swore me to secrecy - seriously or not, I'm not sure.

So, what follows is actually a re-interpretation of the recipe she sent me.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread Muffins

3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 cup Splenda
3 sq melted and cooled baking chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups zucchini, grated
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
skim milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Beat the eggs until lemon-coloured. Beat in sugar and oil. Stir in chocolate, along with zucchini & vanilla. Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder together. Assess the mix and add in skim milk to achieve proper consistency. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin tins. Bake 20 minutes at 375. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from tins. Cool on wire racks.

No comments: